Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Agora: A Community Network Visualizer

Wish you could get a better understanding of the dynamics of virtual communities? Who are the key members of the community, how do community members interact with each other? Well, here comes Agora... Stefano Mazzocchi sent an email to the Apache community demonstrating Agora and its usefulness in analyzing online communities. I must say, it is very nice. 3 years of data collected to give you an in-depth view of various communities' interaction. Here is an example of the Jetspeed development community from January 2003 to July 2005. I was curious to see how much I had contributed to the community so I decided to highlight my own name...

Jetspeed 2 Developer Community


if you want to try the tools for yourself, go to the demo posted by Stephano. Or check the latest version of the application from MIT on their Welkin project home page.

No comments: