- Jetspeed Desktop: a web 2.0 client-side JSR-168 portlet aggregation
- Parallel Rendering: multithreaded portlet aggregator with portlet timeout tracking and removal of slow rendering portlets
- Jetspeed Distributed Cluster: support for distributed deployments of the portal on multiple application server platforms
- JSR 168 Caching: full caching support of the JSR-168 portlet specification and distributed cache invalidation
- Improved LDAP support: full security maintenance using LDAP is now supported for many LDAP providers
- Full fledge AJAX API
All great features that will go a long way to make Jetspeed 2.1 an option for enterprise portal deployments.
The Jetspeed 2.1 release comes with a nice installer and you can try it for yourself in about 5-10 minutes.
The detailed releases notes are available on Jetspeed-2 web site.
Below is a screenshot of the new Jetspeed-2 desktop client side aggregation.